EISTEDDFOD BY THE BAY
Rules & Regulations – Conditions of Entry
Conditions of Entry are Relevant to All Sections and need to be Read and Observed by All Participants
AGE OF COMPETITORS WILL BE TAKEN AS AT 1ST JUNE IN THE CURRENT YEAR
1. Entries are not valid until full entrance fee is received.
2. Entries and payment can be lodged via STARDOM online at stardom.com.au.
Please see PAYMENT METHODS page for full details.
3. LATE ENTRIES: will be at the discretion of the Section Convenor and will depend on entry numbers.
You need to contact the relevant Section Convenor direct if you are applying for late entry.
4. ENTRY FEES: will not be refunded unless a section is cancelled.
5. In the event of there being an insufficient number of entries in any section, the Committee reserves the right to merge, delete or otherwise alter any such section, including the cash prize.
6. Please note that Pianoforte and Junior Vocal sections have limits on the number of entrants that can be accepted.
7. The Adjudicator shall have the power to divide and if a satisfactory standard is not attained, to reduce or withdraw the awards and this decision will be final.
8. The Adjudicator’s decision, in all cases, will be final.
9. Any approach to the Adjudicator by a competitor or the parent, teacher or friend during the competition is absolutely forbidden and may result in disqualification.
10. The Committee reserves the right to appoint a substitute Adjudicator for an announced Adjudicator and to divide any section for adjudication.
11. The decision of the Committee in all questions and disputes arising out of, or not provided for by these conditions shall be final. All entries shall be received subject to this provision and shall not be subject to any appeal at law.
12. PROTEST RULE: Any protest must be made in writing signed by the person protesting and lodged at the registration table, either before the section with proof or 30 minutes after the adjudication is announced, with a reason for protesting.
COMPETITORS: All competitors perform at their own risk.
13. A competitor may be liable for disqualification if not at the Venue when called.
14. Competitors must appear in the order in which their names are listed in the programme, unless arrangements are made with the Section Convenor beforehand.
15. A piece may be performed once only and is not to be repeated in another section by the same competitor.
16. Competitors are encouraged to dress neatly and appropriately for their performance.
17. Competitors who are not present for adjudication and have won a prize must make their own arrangements to obtain their award themselves. The Committee is not responsible.
18. TIME LIMIT: MUST BE ADHERED TO when a time limit is specified or you will be disqualified.
Please check maximum times for each section and choose work accordingly.
19. OFFICIAL ACCOMPANISTS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR RELEVANT SECTIONS (excludes CHORAL) but you MUST contact the relevant accompanist at least 21 DAYS prior to performance. It is not acceptable to present your music to the accompanist on the day.
20. THE ACCOMPANIST MUST HAVE AN ORIGINAL COPY OF THE MUSIC TO PLAY.
21. You may provide your own accompanist.
22. Education Department schools, Public and Private are covered by copyright and EBTB does not pay copyright. Students who perform solo work must pay copyright.
23. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that they comply with Australian Copyright Laws.
Please refer to http://www.apra‑amcos.com.au/musicconsumers/musicevents/eisteddfods.aspx to find the special guidelines for Eisteddfods. It is important that you follow the guidelines to avoid breaching copyright.
The Copyright Declaration on our entry form and on our STARDOM entry site has been approved to take the place of the Form 1 referred to in the guidelines. A copy of the copyright guidelines can be found on our website at www.eisteddfodbythebay.com.au.
24. Under COPYRIGHT LAW all competitors must produce an original copy of the music or book or an authorised photocopy which must be sighted at the Registration Desk before your performance.
25. Schools may use AMCOS stamped photocopies as per the AMCOS schools agreement.
26. A COPY OF THE MUSIC OR TEXT TO BE PERFORMED MUST BE PROVIDED FOR THE ADJUDICATOR in addition to your performance copy. Music – Please number every 4th bar of Adjudicator’s copy if you are providing a photocopy (not required for music books).
27. If a photocopy is provided for the Adjudicator, these copies must remain with the Section Convenor and will be destroyed.
28. Please note iPad copies of music or text are not acceptable for the Adjudicator.
29. Venues have no photocopying facilities available so PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING A SECOND COPY FOR THE ADJUDICATOR of each piece you are performing.
30. PHOTOGRAPHS: The Committee reserves the right to photograph any item or competitor who performs in any section of the Eisteddfod by the Bay. By submitting your entry you have automatically granted permission for digital images or photographs to be used for grant, promotional or marketing purposes. Please advise the relevant Section Convenor or registration desk if you would prefer your photo not to be used.
31. PRIVACY: Performers’ names will appear in our official programmes and section results will be published on our website and Facebook page and may from time to time appear in media releases.
32. All personal information provided by an entrant is kept on a secure database for administrative purposes and is for the use of Eisteddfod by the Bay Inc. only. It will not be released to any other parties.
ON THE DAY
33. PHOTOGRAPHY. You may take photos of your family members and friends ONLY. It is illegal to take photos of anyone without their permission.
34. VIDEO OR FLASH CAMERAS must not be used inside the venue during a performance or disqualification may result.
35. MOBILE PHONES must be switched off before entering the venue.
36.MEDICATION: It is the responsibility of the entrant or their parent to ensure that any medication that they may require is carried with them at all times and that it is available at side of stage in the event that they may require it urgently. Entrants must have a responsible person present to administer the medication in case of an emergency as no First Aid Officer is available at any of our venues.
WE WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD ADVISE YOUR SECTION CONVENOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE, IF YOU WILL NOT BE PERFORMING ON THE DAY.